The RDX Maya Hide Leather Grappling Gloves are a pair of high quality grappling gloves ideal for mixed martial arts (MMA), cage fighting, Muay Thai and other styles of martial arts.
These RDX Grappling Gloves have been designed with durability in mind. More specifically, they are made with synthetic material which gives them extra strength and makes them long lasting.
They also feature Polymax contoured Tri-Slab PC3 padding where the knuckles are which adds comfort and protection through efficient shock absorption.RDX
RDX are the manufacturer of these gloves. RDX are a reputable brand and, in my opinion, their reputation is well deserved. They also make punch bags, hand wraps, shin pads, clothes and other accessories.
1. Maya Hide Leather. These gloves make use of Maya Hide leather which is essentially a synthetic material designed to strengthen the gloves and make them more resistant to wear and tear, as is necessary with equipment used in contact sports.
2. Polymax Contoured Tri-Slab PC3 Padding. This heavy padding is located in the knuckle area. It is designed to provide sufficient protection against force. In essence, it is a shock absorbing material.
3. Colours and Sizes. Sizes are as follows: Small, Medium, Large and X-Large. Colours are as follows: Black, Blue, Pink and Red.
4. Quick-EZ Velcro Closure. These grappling gloves feature the Quick-EZ Velcro closure. Gloves these days tend to have Velcro straps as opposed to strings due to Velcro allowing for more variation in tightness as well as increased wrist support.
5. Moisture Wicking. The gloves have a synthetic micro-fabric which is designed to draw moisture away from the skin. This results in improved breathability as well as increased comfort.
6. D-Cut Palm-Side Design. The gloves have D-Cut (a hole in the shape of a D) on the palm. This has two main advantages. Firstly, sweat can escape easier. Secondly, it helps to improve grip.
7. Thumb Sheath. These gloves include a thumb sheath for thumb support.
The RDX Maya Hide Grappling Gloves are advertised as "stubbornly durable and long-lasting". As mentioned above, this is a result of the synthetic Maya Hide leather that the gloves are made from. The other materials in the gloves are also high quality.
Cleaning the gloves is no more complicated that it is for other pairs of gloves. They should be cleaned regularly, preferably after each use, to remove sweat. They should also be left to dry in a well ventilated area.
The four colour schemes are Black, Blue, Pink and Red. Both the area around the knuckles and the 'X' in the RDX logo is one of those colours. In my opinion, the black and red colour schemes look really professional. The palm area is black for each colour scheme.
View all customer reviews, or buy from amazon.com: