The RDX Cow Hide Leather Boxing Gloves are a pair of high quality, durable and strong boxing gloves made from full-grain cowhide leather. They have knuckle padding for maximum force absorption, a moisture removing material and a Velcro closure. These features make the RDX Cow Hide Leather Boxing Gloves ideal for both training on punch bags and contact sparring.
RDX are a global martial arts equipment manufacturer and supplier. As well as boxing gloves they make punch bags, shin pads, hand wraps, clothing and much more. They have an excellent reputation for making high quality gear.
We will begin this RDX cowhide gloves review by listing and describing the specification of the gloves.
1. Full-Grain Cowhide Leather. The RDX Cow Hide Boxing Gloves are made from full-grain cowhide leather. Full-grain leather is the highest grade of leather. It is essentially leather that has not been sanded or buffed. Its main advantages are its strength and its durability, both of which are necessary for boxing.
2. Colours and Sizes. The gloves are available in these colours: Black, Blue, Red and Yellow. The gloves are available in these sizes: 10oz, 12oz, 14oz, 16oz.
3. Shell-Shock Gel Infused Tetra-Padding. These boxing gloves have Shell-Shock gel infused Tetra-Padding around the knuckles. This material is common to several RDX boxing/sparring gloves because it provides maximum absorption which protects both your knuckles and your opponent, thus making it suitable for full contact sparring.
4. Moisture Wicking Nylon Mesh Palm. Avid boxers, or indeed enthusiasts of any martial art, will know that sweat is a major problem in sparring. These gloves have a special nylon mesh located in the palm area designed to reduce this problem. It essentially draws the sweat away from your palm. There is also the added advantage of reduced odour.
5. Quick-EZ Velcro Closure. These gloves have a Velcro closure which allows you to tighten them to your specific needs. The Velcro is strong and will continue to grip tightly, even after prolonged use.
As discussed above, the full-grain leather gives the RDX Cow Hide gloves their strength and durability which means that they are suitable for long term and intensive use. The stitching all around the gloves is also strong.
Keeping any pair of boxing gloves clean is important. Firstly, they should be regularly cleaned for hygiene reasons because, unfortunately, bacteria loves sweat. Secondly, cleaning the gloves will extend their life, although if they get wet make sure that they are dried in a well ventilated area.
Overall the RDX Cow Hide Leather Boxing Gloves are very good. They have certainly been designed with durability, comfort and protection in mind, which are three things people often look for in boxing gloves. Probably the biggest advantage of these boxing gloves are the Shell-Shock Gel Infused Tetra-Padding which is designed to absorb the maximum amount of force.
View all customer reviews, or buy from amazon.com: