We all love a good quote. Whether they're inspirational, good advice or just a little bit amusing, we find that they influence our view of the world. I list my top 10 karate quotes. Note that not all of them are specifically related to karate or even martial arts for that matter, but I find that they have something to offer.
- "The best fighter is never angry." -Lao Tzu
- "One's mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions." -Oliver Wendell Holmes
- "Martial art technique is like the cosmos, it is infinite. Know that there are no such things as limits." -Hironori Otsuka
- "The ultimate goal in karate is to defeat opponents in a real life or death situation." -Teruyuki Higa
- "Cry in the dojo. Laugh on the battlefield." -Eri Takase
- "Success is a journey, not a destination." -Arthur Ashe
- "A punch should stay like a treasure in the sleeve. It should not be used indiscriminately." -Chotoku Kyan
- "I fear not the man who has practised 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practised one kick 10,000 times." -Bruce Lee
- "Now use head for something other than target." -Mr. Miyagi
- "A superior man is modest in his speech, but exceeds in his actions." -Confucius
I was going to write a small paragraph explaining each of the quotes, but after much thought I decided not to as they are open to interpretation.