Top 10 Karate Quotes
We all love a good quote. Whether they're inspirational, good advice or just a little bit amusing, we find that they influence our view of the world. I list my top 10 karate quotes. Note that not all of them are specifically related to karate or even martial arts for that matter, but I find that they have something to offer.
1. "The best fighter is never angry."
2. "One's mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions."
-Oliver Wendell Holmes
3. "Martial art technique is like the cosmos, it is infinite. Know that there are no such things as limits."
4. "The ultimate goal in karate is to defeat opponents in a real life or death situation."
5. "Cry in the dojo. Laugh on the battlefield."
6. "Success is a journey, not a destination."
7. "A punch should stay like a treasure in the sleeve. It should not be used indiscriminately."
8. "I fear not the man who has practised 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practised one kick 10,000 times."
9. "Now use head for something other than target."
10. "A superior man is modest in his speech, but exceeds in his actions."
I was going to write a small paragraph explaining each of the quotes, but after much thought I decided not to as they are open to interpretation.